How to achieve business success in e-commerce email marketing?
Many would think that email communication is nearly extinct when looking at all these innovative platforms offering great high-tech user experience.
But it’s not. In fact nearly half the world population uses email regularly!
If you are an owner of an e-commerce business, you need to use e-commerce email marketing to grow your business. E-commerce email marketing is a way to reach a global audience and increase the number of your customers. Remember that email is widely considered an official business communication tool. It is very important to write engaging emails with some sales techniques discussed in this post, so keep reading and find out more about email marketing in e-commerce.
What is e-commerce email marketing?
Email marketing is a method to generate sales for your online store and promote your brand.
Email marketing in e-commerce aims not to overload customers with emails but to nurture relationships and create new ones to build brand loyalty and support. Best of all: 60% of customers like companies to contact them via email! This was revealed by a study conducted by Adobe, which makes this marketing strategy even more effective and important.
What is the importance of email marketing in e-commerce?
There are many benefits of email marketing for online retailers. By conducting the right strategy for email marketing, it will help your company in:
- Creating direct promotions that sell more products
- Engaging your subscribers to return and make a purchase again
- Reminding shoppers to complete their purchases if they have left the shopping cart abandoned
Email marketing is one of the key factors in achieving e-commerce success. The benefits of implementing effective email strategies are enormous. Email marketing allows you to expand your customer base, build credibility and establish loyal customer relationships.
Looking at the experiences of others, we could find that 80% of online retailers consider email marketing to be one of the most effective ways to retain customers. With this in mind, we can say that not using email as a marketing tool is a sure business loss.
While email marketing is an easy and affordable way to reach a large number of customers, make sure you don’t overdo it. You want to reach out to customers to know when you really have something interesting to offer, such as discounts or new products.
Which e-commerce company does email marketing well?
Amazon is very successful in email marketing, and the key aspect is that email is personalized. Amazon emails are directly related to the products that customers purchased in the past and are very selective regarding what they send. In this way, Amazon effectively maximizes the value of email marketing efforts.
They also carefully target customers’ position in the sales funnel with an adequate message at that time, such as:
- Welcome email
- The receipt
- Shipping confirmation
- Thank you email
- The upsell email
- Discount email
- Review email
- Browsing email
How do I start email marketing on an e-commerce website?
As we have already pointed out in the text above, email marketing is one of your business’s most profitable marketing activities. Whether you own a global company or a start-up, you should use its full potential.
First, you need to decide what information you want to include in the text of the email you send to your subscribers and how often you want to send it. Several websites enable you to embed a form on your page that allows users to subscribe to your email newsletter.
This can help you build a list of subscribers interested in your site. It is also worth considering using an email service provider such as Mailchimp or Constant Contact. They can provide additional features and tools to help you manage your email marketing campaigns.
What are some email marketing tips and tricks?
If you want to improve your campaign results, here are 4 powerful email marketing tips you need to know right now.
- Send a follow-up email. There is a greater chance that the subscriber will receive a message if you email him twice. Remember to change the theme for a bit. For example, change the subject line, the beginning of the email, and call to action at the bottom of the message. Do not send a follow-up email immediately but wait a while. Ideally, you should wait 3-5 days before resending the same email to people who did not open the first one.
- Make your call-to-action buttons contextual and concise. If the button leads to a product page, insert text “buy here” or “view product”. You can be more creative, try some unusual messages, and do A/B testing to see what performs better. Also, make sure the button is visually clear enough when the message is opened.
- Use power words. The subject line should evoke the right emotion and inspire readers to click and open the email, so use strong words. See the link here for a list of powerful words that you can start applying right away.
- Sell benefits, not features. Don’t forget that the customers are heroes in your business journey, so focus on product benefits for them. Instead of saying, “our lawnmower has three times more watts”, write our “lawnmower can help you mow the yard three times faster”.
Email marketing is complex.
There is always something new to learn and improve in email marketing, from making a list to copywriting. This can be a challenge for retailers and business owners with limited time.
If tactics from this post were not enough for you to improve your email marketing, we are here to help you. Schedule a COMPLETELY free 30-minute session and talk to our expert about how you can improve your business.